The City of Folly Beach strives to provide a safe, clean, family friendly environment for everyone to enjoy. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the following rules, regulations and helpful reminders.
- Trash collection days are Monday and Thursday. The City of Folly Beach regulates specific times that trash bins can be near the roadway; move trash bins out to the road AFTER 6:00 PM the night before pick up (Sunday & Wednesday) and bins must be retrieved the morning after collection.
- NO littering. Take all trash with you when you leave or put in containers near beach access. Items or beach equipment left on the beach will be removed and disposed of by beach patrol.
- Sand dunes are fragile and protected; stay off the dunes and use beach walkovers and boardwalks for all beach access.
- Sea Turtles are an endangered species; do not disturb a sea turtle nest, a nesting sea turtle or a hatchling or interfere with them in any way. Lights are not allowed that illuminate the front beach between 10pm and dawn from May 1 to September 30. Fill all holes dug in sand before you leave the beach.
- Sand Dollars and Starfish are protected; do not remove, harm or harass these living sea creatures.
- Swim with caution, strong rip currents are common. We encourage swimming near lifeguard protected areas; lifeguards are present at the West End Park and between East 3rd Street to West 3rd Street from May through Labor Day.
- No glass or open container is allowed on beach.
- No plastic, balloons or Styrofoam is allowed on beach.
- No fireworks or open flame fires are allowed at any time
- No camping or sleeping on the beach after dark
- Special events must be approved by the City
- Off roadway parking is allowed as long as all four tires are off the pavement and parked parallel to the roadway.
- No parking against traffic; parked vehicles must park with the flow of traffic
- No parking on sidewalks, crosswalks, dunes, or revetments.
- No blocking private driveways or roads.
Golf Cart Regulations
- Golf Carts are not allowed on Center Street. Folly Road, or on the beach.
- Golf carts cannot be driven at night.
- Driver of golf cart must be at least 16 years old and have a valid state driver’s license.
- Golf carts must be registered and display proper Folly Beach decal.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times.
- Dogs are not allowed on the beach from 10am to 6pm between May 1 to September 30
- Owners are responsible for cleaning up and properly disposing of dog waste
For additional information on the City of Folly Beach ordinances, visit www.cityoffollybeach.com or call Public Safety 843-588-2433